Joining Rotary Club of Wellington
So you want to make a real difference
Good! And thank you for your interest in Rotary Club of Wellington. The club accepts new members by invitation, and we suggest you reach out to us to learn more. This is a good way to get to know the people involved in Rotary, and a great way to get involved in your community.
Also, take a look through the club’s website, starting with the About page.
We offer three types of membership: Individual, Family and Corporate.
As a member, over a year you should commit to:
- Up to 40 meetings on a Monday lunchtime, each slightly over an hour long. Most members attend 20–25 meetings during the year.
- Between 6–10 committee meetings, each up to two hours long, and
- At least two community service opportunities, each about two hours long.
The monetary commitment of your membership includes:
- a one-off joining fee of $50 (GST inc.)
- a monthly subscription of $32.58 (GST inc.) to help meet the club’s running costs
- a Rotary District 9940 levy of $5.45 (GST inc.)
- a Rotary International levy of $15 each month (no GST)
- the cost of the lunch provided at the weekly meetings, currently $27, and any cash donations you may wish to make at these weekly meetings.
When you join, you will be given information on Rotary International as well as our club, including how to establish yourself and really feel that you belong to the club. new members are given a name badge which is to be worn at all lunch meetings, and you will receive a Rotary lapel pin in your induction pack.
If you’re wanting to learn about membership or just thinking of coming along, speak with a club member (if you know one), or fill in this form to be contacted. We welcome new members and look forward to getting any questions you may have about joining. We also look forward to meeting you.