Bay of Many Coves Resort celebrates Taittinger
17 – 19 August 2018
Bay of Many Coves Resort is celebrating the Champagne Taittinger with a very special and luxurious weekend. For each booking made by a Rotary Club of Wellington member, a donation will be made to the Club. Bookings can be made directly with Bay of Many Coves by email or phone 03 5799 771.
Jazz – Boogie Piano with Jan Preston: Known as Australia’s Queen of Boogie Piano, Jan Preston has a reputation as an astonishing piano player with a rich resonant voice who is a magnetic live performer. Jan captivates, moves and uplifts audiences around the world with her original songs, compositions and her mastery of boogie woogie. ABC Music’s Winner of 5 Music Awards for her CDs and soundtracks, she plays festivals and concerts throughout Australia, NZ and Europe, tours her own shows (Productions), writes music for film and TV, and composes and performs for Silent Movies. After studying classical piano, then working in theatre and rock bands in her native NZ, Jan had a No. 1 Hit with her band Coup D’Etat, and soon after moved to Sydney where she is still resident. Her original piano composition was used as the Theme to ABC’s “Australian Story” for 6 years, and she has appeared on ABC TV’s Spicks and Specks. She is currently touring (Live Shows) and writing music and songs for her next CD release.
Jan, along with her drumming husband, will be performing Friday and Saturday nights over the weekend. In addition on Saturday morning Jan will provide an extremely humorous insight into ‘the piano’.
We look forward to hearing this extra ordinarily talented performer in the magiclal Marlborough Sounds.
The Taittinger Story:
Founded in 1734, the Taittinger Champagne house is based in Reims. The flagship wines of the house are the Comtes de Champagne (composed of 100% Chardonnay) and Comtes de Champagne Rosé (100% Pinot Noir). 
Headed by Claude Taittinger (born 1927), a member of the consultative committee of the Banque de France, the Taittinger Group is reputed to be ranked in the top 250 businesses in France.
Bay of Many Coves Resort celebrates Taittinger.
Bay of Many Coves Resort is celebrating the Champagne Taittinger with a very special and luxurious weekend.
Included in the weekend will be:
- Accommodation at Bay of Many Coves for 2 nights in our luxury apartments
- Return transfers to/from Picton with our partners Cougar Line
- A welcoming glass of the Taittinger Champagne
- A three course dinner for 2 on Friday night
- A bottle of Taittinger Prestige Rose and an accompanying gourmet platter for lunch on Saturday in your Apartment – or out on the apartment balcony with a special view of the Bay.
- A full decadent degustation dinner on Saturday night – our Executive Chef outlining the dishes they have created to match the outstanding Champagne with a Taittinger representative telling you the story of the Taittinger Champagne House and their finest products.
- On Friday night after dinner we will have a themed ‘concert’ where Jan will take us on a Boogie piano journey. As quoted in ‘Crossroads’ in France - ‘One of the best pianists of our time, Preston masters the piano like a maestro juggling the keys. Her voice is suave and sensual, with finesse and sensibility’
Special features included in 2018:
- The Piano’
As a special treat on Saturday morning, in an optional part of the programme, Jan will run a workshop where she will gives us a humorous and enlightening insight into ‘the Piano’. Jan’s humorous narration and images will enlighten you to some extraordinary facts about pianos. You will also see that they can be used as much more than just musical instruments, and get a private peak into Jan and Mike’s unique ‘Piano House’. You may never look at a piano in quite the same way again!
This is a chance to see Jan at her humorous best – as well as hear some amazing piano playing.
- On Saturday afternoon we will have a “Champagne Master Class”.Our representative from the House of Taittinger will compare various champagnes – age, brut and rose as well as some different champagne houses.
Prices (if booked direct with Bay of Many Coves Resort):
- 2 people twin share in a one bedroom apartment - $1,250 per person.
- 4 people twin share in a 2 bedroom apartment - $1,095 per person (a total of $4,380)
- 6 people twin share in a 3 bedroom apartment - $1,050 per person (a total of $6,300)
- Single person in a one bedroom apartment - $1,890
Note: All prices are inclusive of GST.
Note: Prices exclude the cost of the optional activities and alcohol except for the welcoming champagne, lunch on Saturday and the degustation dinner on Saturday night.